Get flexible solutions tailored to your organizational needs.
Our unique three-phase discovery process enables us to learn about a work system and identify the highest-value solutions for an organization.
Sometimes off-the-shelf isn’t good enough. If your organization requires a custom solution, our team of designers and architects will build it.
Already have a provider for digital solutions, but need an action plan for them to execute? We’ll take care of discovery and planning.
Sometimes the best digital solution for your operations is a new twist on an existing solution (can you say shorter timeline and lower expenses?).
See What We’ve Worked On
EcoSystem Exploration Overview
SLD 45 Innovation Ecosystem
Modernization of the LVDB
- Phase I: System Discovery
- Phase II: Contextual Inquiry
- Phase III: Opportunity Selection
- The Space Launch Delta 45 (SLD 45) Innovation Ecosystem is an organizational model designed and implemented, by Silicon Mountain and our government partners, to bolster the collaboration between squadrons, Delta leadership, and key external organizations to better facilitate the innovation efforts and dissemination of solutions across the Space Launch Delta 45.
- The challenge was to create a structured general and flexible enough to apply to SLD 45 sibling organization, convince unwilling leadership, and satisfy the varied visions the stakeholders had for the model.
- The solution is a structure that mirrors that of SLD 45. Innovation Accelerators (squadron representatives) work to facilitate and identify the need for and adoption of new tools. While Innovation Cells (various software, data, integrations, and contract acquisition organization actions) work to manage, develop, and rapidly deploy the needed new tools.
- The implementation of the SLD 45 Innovation Ecosystem has resulted in an explosion of innovative and collaborative efforts across the Delta. With operations centered in SLD 45’s makerspace (The Forge), the Innovation Ecosystem model is proving a productive, sustainable, and holistic methodology for generating innovation within a military organization.
- The Launch Verification Database (LVDB) is the cornerstone tool of the 2nd and 5th Space Launch Squadrons for successful mission launches. It enables Guardians to carry out the rigorous oversight and risk analysis required to complete the pre-flight review process.
- The need for an improved tool became apparent during our EcoSystem Exploration when issues with a legacy mission assurance tool, built decades ago, were mentioned during interviews with the Spaceforce Responsible Engineers (SFREs). We knew the new tool would have to be scalable, the USSF is rapidly growing. We also knew the tool was going to need some customization as different sites and different launches have slightly different needs.
- It was decided to use a highly customized commercial off-the-shelf solution to support quick deployment, significant configurability, and existing security infrastructure and support. We determined the Atlassian suite, specifically Jira and Confluence, as the best to meet these needs and alongside the 2SLS and 5SLS went to work customizing. The result, is today’s modern, enterprise-level LVDB solution.
- An IL4-based Google Forms-style open source solution, An IL4-based Google Forms-style open source solution, that we developed and deployed, allows users to create their own custom forms as well as respond to forms sent to them. Results are aggregated and shown in customizable charts/graphs that may be downloaded as image files. Responses can also be downloaded as Excel files.
- Born from a USAF (United States Air Force) and USSF (the United States Space Force) need to identify discrimination of race, sex, and rank among the military branches, which required units to track and report the specifics of each of these characteristics of all involved with each disciplinary action dispensed.
- Replaced the existing static, time-consuming, human-error-prone tool used for reporting and tracking while addressing the inability to use commercial solutions due to the Impact Level of the information
- Originally built for Space Launch Delta 45, EZ Form, which we deployed within Platform One, has been widely adopted by other groups across the DoD (Department of Defense) for a variety of other use cases.